The Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School is an educational partnership with the Bethlehem Area, Northampton and Saucon Valley school districts. The school is Located in Bethlehem Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania.
BAVTS serves, approximately, 1,200 students on a half-day about delivery system (students spend ½ day at their sending high school and ½ day at our facility) through career and technical instruction in twenty-eight (28) unique programs of study within seven career clusters.
Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School is a student centered career and technical facility working to meet the needs of our diverse student population through challenging, integrated educational experiences of curriculum and community support. In cooperation with all of our shareholders we provide a roadmap for success regardless of what career path our students choose.
The Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School provides the necessary career paths, supports and training to ensure success for all students throughout their secondary, post-secondary and working careers. We are assisted in this process through our partnerships in education: parents, sending districts, business/industry and post-secondary institutions. We recognize and appreciate our diverse student population and will work together to build individual foundations that support lifelong goals.
- We believe learning is a lifelong process and quality education is essential for our country to remain strong and productive.
- We believe the foundation of career and technical education is the mastery of communication (reading writing and speaking) and mathematical skills.
- We believe the use of current technology is essential to quality education and worth the investment.
- We believe learning can be measured in many ways and that individuals are accountable for their actions.
- We believe pride and self-esteem are essential to personal development and achievement.
- We believe learning is realized through self-discipline and hard work of the individual student encouraged by the faculty and family.
- We believe effective, student-centered teachers are the most critical element in the educational process.
- We believe staff development requires a constant ongoing commitment.
- We believe the community partnerships that create and maintain an educational environment in which every individual can develop to his or her fullest potential.
Our philosophy at BAVTS is to provide student-centered career education that enhances academic goals while at the same time meets the needs of our diverse population and schedules. We strive to provide the leadership and support that is necessary at all levels of instruction so that organizational missions and goals can be attained.